What are Akashic Records?
Akashic—loosely translated from its Sanskrit roots—means ethers or ‘that which holds all’. This ‘database’ of information transcends all realms and dimensions and can be thought of as a massive library of information (to make it more easily understood in our 3D based reality). Akashic records is much like the energetic database that stores every choice we have ever made as individual souls.
The Akashic records can also be thought of as a celestial mirror, reflecting our choices and desires, and when required provide an audience with our Higher Self to understand how these choices have impacted us. Eg: A creative person in a number-crunching job that doesn’t align with their soul path will feel depleted and unhappy.
Accessing the reasons behind this choice gives them the option to align with their soul’s purpose and make a choice that brings them into their bliss.
Psychologically and metaphysically, trauma can be passed down through generations. Learning to access and unlock your Akashic records can not only help release ancestral karmic debt—thereby freeing yourself as well—it also opens the door to universal grace and blessings.
Getting to know our basic soul nature is very validating. The records help us to not only identify our strengths but also the dysfunctional aspects of our soul makeup. For example, if a soul who is meant to be a communicator is suppressed as a child, it might later show up as problems with communicating the truth. If these mental and emotional imbalances persist without being addressed, they finally manifest in the physical body as diseases or aches and pains, she says.
The Akashic records help identify the unchanging core of our own individual selves and help us understand and eventually confront the fears/phobias and other energetic blocks and patterns we carry through from childhood and even past lifetimes.
They help us understand and identify patterns that no longer suit us or the reasons we continue to attract certain types of situations/ people in our lives repeatedly. Based on this deep understanding, we can initiate changes to start afresh making new and better choices, which are more aligned to our true nature.
How to access your Akashic Records?
In theory, everyone can access their records—it’s about finding the right meditative frequency to connect to and channel the information through the subconscious mind into the conscious mind. Setting your intention and having crystal clear clarity on the questions you want to be answered are essential.
Often the use of crystals, breathwork, active meditation, exercise, or a form of divination like tarot reading or reiki is the key to unlocking this information. One must have some sort of meditation practise which has proved successful in helping you gain confidence in accessing your own intuition.
Here are certain actions you may take to access Akasha:
- Be clear in your intent and questions. Begin your experience with a short prayer of your choice ending with gratitude and a request you remember the information imparted to you.
- Tune into binaural beats (when you play a tone with a slightly different frequency into your left and right ear) at 963Hz. This is the frequency to activate the pineal gland which connects to your crown chakra.
- You can lie down or sit in a comfortable position while you meditate. It’s best to do a guided meditation initially until you effortlessly reach the right mental state with practice. You can refer to the Higher Chakra Activation Guided Meditation here that can help you open your Soul Star Chakra and assist in accessing your Akashic Records.
- State your question (it’s best to start with one) clearly and specifically in your mind. Allow yourself to drift off—you may feel as though you have entered a sleep state. You are most likely in a theta brainwave state which allows you to quiet your conscious mind and tap into your subconscious. To learn how to frame the right questions, join the Level 1 Course on Healing with Akashic Records.
- You may hear a voice, see images, feel emotions, or simply have a deep sense of knowing during your meditation as you connect with your Higher Self.
- Probe further with whatever comes to your awareness to make the sense of the information you are receiving. Know that sometimes you may not find exact words to decode the information but heart of hearts you may feel that it all makes sense.
- Once you return to your normal consciousness do not try to force yourself to recall what you experienced. It will come into your consciousness.
- Close your experience with gratitude.
Ultimately the goal for all healing—physical, mental, and spiritual—is empowerment. But it is important to note that accessing unhealed trauma can be a daunting and overwhelming experience. Confronting unhealed parts of your soul and psyche while necessary to break patterns of behaviour can be difficult to navigate. For this, you may choose to become a Certified Akashic Records Consultant – to help heal from the old wounds and to support others on their journey to experience wholeness.